This will be my second entry, on some of the product that I’ve ever tried and tested but doesn’t deliver or suit me. Do note that mostly this is based on my personal opinions which heavily depend on my skin condition and some other external factors.
As usual, I’ve set a Ruling Principle (RP) which let me decide my final thought on these products. You may refer to this link to understand how I come out with the Ruling Principle.
- Estée Lauder – Clear Difference Oil Control/Mattifying Hydrating Gel
- Benefit – To boost the clarity and luminosity of your skin, it is non-comedogenic, which means it won’t clog your pores, and its soothing gel formula leaves your complexion smooth and shine free. Expect supple, mattified skin with a refined appearance.
- Ruling Principle 2 – I’ve finished up the whole bottle for about 2 months as it’s only 50ml.
- Result – The only thing I like is the texture as it’s gel type thus it’s lightweight as it mentioned, However, it doesn’t mattify and help to regulate your sebum. I still ended with oily skin at the end of the day. For this pricing of S$96 @ 50ml only, it’s not worth as I had high hope from Estée Lauder.
- ONE by KOSÉ – Moisture Rice Power
- Benefit – A serum to improve skin’s moisture. Formulated with Rice PowerÂ® No. 11, the only ingredient in Japan that improves skin’s moisture-retention ability. Boosts skin’s power to produce ceramide, improving its moisture-retention ability. This moisturizing serum doesn’t just supply moisture, but also helps the skin produce more moisture.
- Ruling Principle 2 – I’ve finished the whole bottle for about 4 months.
- Result – It feels hydrated and nice during the application as it absorbs into your skin immediately. In terms of providing moisture to the skin, the effect doesn’t last long as I started to produce sebum again after 4-5 hours this meant that it doesn’t retain moisture as it claimed. As compared to their sister brand Decorté’s Moisture Liposome it’s still far behind. For me, the aftereffect is just mediocre thus not worth S$128 for 120ml.
- Laneige Special Care Eye Sleeping Mask
- Benefit – It moisturizes, revitalizes, and brightens skin around the eyes by taking care of puffy eyes with the ceramic ball massage
- Ruling Principle 2 – I’ve finished up the whole bottle for about 4 months
- Result – The only soothing thing is the ceramic ball and the packaging and the bottle looks a bit high end as the bottle is in a frosted glass bottle and they packaged the ceramic ball separately with the ceramic ball. Since they’re famously known for it’s Sleeping Mask range’ I had high hope and continue using until finished even after 1 month I didn’t see any effect at all. It doesn’t depuff or brighten my eyes. Kinda disappointed in this product. Thankfully it’s not pricey and it comes in 25ml unusually higher than the normal 15ml for an eye product.
✵✵ Overall Rating ✵✵
Estée Lauder – Clear Difference Oil Control/Mattifying Hydrating Gel
The only good thing is it’s in gel form but other it doesn’t regulate or control your oil. I had high hope from Estée Lauder and disappointed
ONE by KOSÉ – Moisture Rice Power
The effect doesn’t last long and for this price point, better invest in other more effective pre-serum/first care.
Laneige Special Care Eye Sleeping Mask
DefinitelA flop for me. Nothing much to say as it’s not even mediocre
*I’m an Asian guy with an oily combination skin condition in my early 30s and living a tropical climate with hot and humid weather.
**Reviews are based on my own experience usage, research online and knowledge shared between beauty advisors.
This is a follow-up post from the previous review on Dr.Jart+ CRYO RUBBER™, I will be reviewing another version which is with Firming Collagen. For those that are unfamiliar with such mask, it’s using cryotherapy technology, thus the name derivation of the mask name. And cryotherapy technology is a treatment that lowers the skin’s temperature …
Feeling intrigued by the packaging, rubber mask, and freebies from Sephora Singapore, I’ve decided to give this a try. There are a lot of mixed reviews on this mask as this mask doesn’t’ come at a cheaper price tag. With only an ampoule and 1 rubber mask this cost S$21 each which other conventional sheet …